- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6-inch wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Combine crumbs, chili powder, black pepper, salt, and red pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Cut chicken into strips; thread onto skewers. Brush chicken strips with melted margarine or butter. Roll in crumb mixture.
3. Place chicken skewers in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning skewers once.
4. Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and cilantro in a small mixing bowl. Serve with chicken. Makes 12 servings.