Chicken with Apricots and Dried Plums
- Skin chicken, if desired. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a 4-1/2-quart Dutch oven cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 15 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, turning to brown evenly. Drain off fat.
- Add apricots, prunes, chicken broth, white wine, wine vinegar, brown sugar, stick cinnamon, and whole cloves. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and fruit to a platter; keep warm. Discard stick cinnamon and cloves. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, mustard, and flour. Stir flour mixture into cooking liquid. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and fruit. Pass remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped green onion, if desired. Serve with cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken with Apricots and Dried Plums)
- Per serving:
- 570 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 69 mg chol.,
- 580 mg sodium,
- 82 g carb.,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet