Chicken Tortilla Soup
Tortilla soup is an ever-popular treat among fans of Mexican cuisine. With just five ingredients, this easy recipe lets you see what the fuss is all about (without all the fuss)!
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- To serve, ladle soup into warm soup bowls and top with tortilla chips. If desired, top with chile peppers. Makes 4 servings.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Per serving:
- 181 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 36 mg chol.,
- 1383 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet