Chicken Stuffed with Smoked Mozzarella
- Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat process with all chicken breasts.
- For filling, in a medium skillet cook shallots or onions and garlic in the 2 teaspoons hot oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach, nuts, and smoked mozarella.
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- To fill each roll, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of each flattened chicken piece. Fold in bottom and sides and roll up; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Lightly brush each roll with the 1 tablespoon olive oil; coat with bread crumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove toothpicks before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Stuffed with Smoked Mozzarella)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 368 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet