- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat process with all chicken breasts.
2. For filling, in a medium skillet cook shallots or onions and garlic in the 2 teaspoons hot oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach, nuts, and smoked mozarella.
3. In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. To fill each roll, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of each flattened chicken piece. Fold in bottom and sides and roll up; secure with wooden toothpicks.
5. Lightly brush each roll with the 1 tablespoon olive oil; coat with bread crumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove toothpicks before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 274,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 77,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 35,
- vit. A (RE) 402,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 368,
- calcium (mg) 182,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet