Chicken Stuffed with Smoked Mozzarella
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
cup finely chopped shallots or onions
clove garlic, minced
teaspoons olive oil
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
cup shredded smoked mozarella cheese
cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
cup grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoon olive oil
- Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat process with all chicken breasts.
- For filling, in a medium skillet cook shallots or onions and garlic in the 2 teaspoons hot oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach, nuts, and smoked mozarella.
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- To fill each roll, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of each flattened chicken piece. Fold in bottom and sides and roll up; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Lightly brush each roll with the 1 tablespoon olive oil; coat with bread crumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove toothpicks before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Stuffed with Smoked Mozzarella)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 368 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet