- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 packageddried manicotti shells
- 1 8 ounce containersoft-style cream cheese with chives and onion
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (10 ounces)
- 1 10 ounce packagefrozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 7 ounce jarroasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced, or one 4-ounce jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook the manicotti shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in Romano or Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
3. For filling, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce, the chicken, broccoli, roasted red sweet pepper or pimiento, and pepper. Using a small spoon, carefully fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of the filling.
4. Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Prepare and stuff manicotti. Pour sauce over shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and chill up to 12 hours. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 396,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 92,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 31,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 257,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet