Chicken Manicotti with Chive Cream Sauce
- Cook the manicotti shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in Romano or Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce, the chicken, broccoli, roasted red sweet pepper or pimiento, and pepper. Using a small spoon, carefully fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of the filling.
- Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and stuff manicotti. Pour sauce over shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and chill up to 12 hours. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Manicotti with Chive Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 396 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 92 mg chol.,
- 257 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet