- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast or turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 5.2 ounce package Boursin cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- Red sweet pepper (optional)
1. For crepes, in a blender container combine the milk, flour, egg, cooking oil, baking powder, and salt; cover and blend until smooth. Heat a very lightly greased nonstick 7-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into center of the skillet. Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
2. Return to heat; cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn with a spatula; cook second side for 30 seconds. Carefully slide finished crepe onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping crepes covered as you prepare them. Set crepes aside.
3. Clean green onions; trim and discard root ends. Thinly slice white parts; reserve 12 whole green top pieces. In a large skillet bring 1/2 cup water just to boiling. Add green onion tops; cook for 30 seconds. Immediately rinse with cold water; drain on paper towels and set aside.
4. In the same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced white parts of onions, cooked chicken, and white pepper; cook just until chicken is heated through. Add broth and wine; bring to boiling.
5. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add cheese and tarragon; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Strain mixture, reserving liquid for sauce and solids for crepe filling. Cover sauce and keep warm.
6. For each serving, spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto a crepe; pull up sides to make a "purse". Tie purse closed with a cooked green onion top. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce onto each plate; set purse in center. If desired, garnish with red pepper. Makes 12.
- Prepare crepes. Stack crepes, placing two sheets of waxed paper between each one. Place in large plastic freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
- cal. (kcal) 147,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 46,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (RE) 62,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 109,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet