cups bread flour
teaspoon active dry yeast
cup finley chopped, cooked chicken
cup shredded cheddar, Swiss, or provolone cheese (3 ounces)
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup finely chopped onion
beaten egg white
teaspoons sesame seed
tablespoon cooking oil
- Add the 3/4 cup water, the oil, flour, sugar, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and yeast to the bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions for a 1-pound loaf. Select dough cycle.
- Meanwhile, for filling, stir together chicken; cheddar, Swiss, or provolone cheese; spinach; red sweet pepper; Parmesan cheese; onion; and the 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Divide in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll half of dough into a 12x6-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spoon half of the filling lengthwise down the center of the rectangle. Fold long sides of dough over filling, overlapping slightly. Moisten and pinch to seal edges and ends. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Carefully lift and place loaves, seam side down, on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine egg white and the 1 tablespoon water; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Do not let bread rise.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. If necessary, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Remove from baking sheet; cool slightly. Cut into slices and serve warm. Makes 32 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool loaves completely, wrap, and store in refrigerator up to 48 hours. To reheat loaves, unwrap and place on baking sheet; cover loosely with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken-Cheese Bread)
- Per serving:
- 71 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 82 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet