If you yearn for Mexican food but want a low-fat, low-calorie option, try this colorful mango salsa-topped chicken burrito recipe.
- Yields: 8 burritos
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F
- Start to Finish: to 1 hr
cup finely chopped plum tomato
cup finely chopped, peeled mango
tablespoons lime juice
tablespoons snipped cilantro
teaspoons finely chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoon ground red pepper
6 inches corn tortillas
cups shredded romaine or leaf lettuce
cup light dairy sour cream
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the tomato, mango, red onion, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large heavy skillet place the chicken and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Drain well; let cool until easy to handle. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Toss shredded chicken with the remaining lime juice, the salt, and ground red pepper.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warm.
- To serve, spoon shredded chicken down centers of warm tortillas. Top each with salsa, romaine or leaf lettuce, and sour cream. Roll up. Makes 8 burritos.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Burritos)
- Per serving:
- 129 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 23 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet