If you yearn for Mexican food but want a low-fat, low-calorie option, try this colorful mango salsa-topped chicken burrito recipe.
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the tomato, mango, red onion, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large heavy skillet place the chicken and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Drain well; let cool until easy to handle. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Toss shredded chicken with the remaining lime juice, the salt, and ground red pepper.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warm.
- To serve, spoon shredded chicken down centers of warm tortillas. Top each with salsa, romaine or leaf lettuce, and sour cream. Roll up. Makes 8 burritos.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Burritos)
- Per serving:
- 129 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 23 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet