Chicken and Potato Stir-Fry
medium potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
medium carrots, thinly sliced (2 cups)
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
tablespoon cooking oil
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
tablespoons snipped parsley
- In a medium saucepan, precook potatoes and carrots, covered, in enough boiling water to cover about 10 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, cornstarch, bouillon granules, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onions in hot oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken to the hot wok; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Push chicken from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cooked potatoes and carrots. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken and Potato Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 583 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet