- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cups broccoli florets or packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (10 ounces)
- 2 small red apples, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled; or 2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
1. For dressing, in a small bowl, stir together the light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing and cider vinegar; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together broccoli florets or shredded broccoli, chicken, and apples. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- The easiest way to cook chicken for salads is to cover boneless or bone-in chicken breasts with water or broth and simmer on the stove top until cooked through. Boneless breasts also can be broiled about 6 minutes per side.
- 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 308,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 65,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 18,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 24,
- sodium (mg) 332,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet