- In a skillet cook the chopped pecans in margarine until golden. Remove pecans; set aside. Add chicken livers, onion, and garlic to skillet. Cook over medium heat until livers are brown and onion is tender. Stir in apple juice, paprika, salt, pepper, and allspice. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Stir broth mixture into hot mixture; stir to dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon and let mixture cool slightly.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl carefully blend or process about half of the liver mixture at a time until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into a lightly oiled 2-1/2- to 3-cup mold. Cover and chill for 6 hours or until firm or up to 24 hours.
- Unmold onto platter; garnish with parsley and pecan halves*. Serve with apple and/or pear wedges and crackers or breads. Makes 16 appetizer servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To help unmold the pate, place the mold in a bowl or sink of warm water just until the edges are loosened from the mold. Invert.
Nutrition Facts (Bourbon-Pecan Pate)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 67 mg chol.,
- 68 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet