- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 7 hrs to 8 hrs low or 3 1/2 to 4 hours high
Asian Turkey and Rice Soup
14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
pound turkey breast tenderloin or skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
cups sliced fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake or button)
medium carrots, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoons grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
cups sliced bok choy
cup instant brown rice
Lo-mein noodles (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker stir together chicken broth, turkey, mushrooms, the water, carrots, onion, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 31/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in bok choy and uncooked rice. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until rice is tender. Ladle into bowls. If desired, top with lo mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts (Asian Turkey and Rice Soup)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 45 mg chol.,
- 572 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet