Asian Primavera Stir-Fry
ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
ounces dried fettuccine
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
tablespoons dry sherry
tablespoons light soy sauce
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
Nonstick cooking spray
cup sugar snap peas (strings and tips removed)
ounces tiny whole carrots with tops (about 12), trimmed
green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
Green onion strips (optional)
- In a small bowl combine dried mushrooms and 1 cup warm water; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms, squeezing out excess liquid; reserve liquid. Slice mushroom caps; discard stems. Stir cornstarch into reserved mushroom liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- In a bowl stir together the chicken, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; set aside.
- Lightly coat a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry sugar snap peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from wok; set aside. Add chicken mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok. Add mushrooms and pasta. Stir to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. If desired, garnish with green onion curls. Makes 4 servings.
- 2-1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Meat
Nutrition Facts(Asian Primavera Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 333 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 324 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet