- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Stand: 10 mins
- Grill: 9 mins
Potato Cakes with Summer Squash
pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
cup bottled black bean and corn salsa
cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
tablespoons sour cream
tablespoons vegetable oil
Ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan cook potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash with a potato masher. Let stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Drain any excess liquid from the salsa. Stir salsa, cheese, and sour cream into mashed potatoes; mix well. Shape mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties. Place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
- In a grill with an insert, arrange medium coals in a pyramid in the center of the grill. Place a griddle over coals. Cover and preheat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grease the griddle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add summer squash and/or zucchini to griddle. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Cover and keep warm.
- Grease griddle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place potato cakes onto griddle. Cover and grill for 6 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through grilling. Serve with summer squash and/or zucchini.
Nutrition Facts (Potato Cakes with Summer Squash)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 340 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesVegetable Recipes