Pot Roast with Fruit and Chipotle Sauce
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle both sides of meat with garlic-pepper seasoning. Place meat in cooker. Add fruit, the 1/2 cup water, and the chipotle peppers.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours. Transfer meat and fruit to a serving platter; thinly slice meat. Cover meat and fruit and keep warm.
- For sauce, pour cooking liquid into a bowl or glass measuring cup; skim off fat. In a medium saucepan combine the 1 tablespoon cold water and cornstarch; stir into cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve meat and fruit with sauce. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (Pot Roast with Fruit and Chipotle Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 275 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 101 mg chol.,
- 378 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 37 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet