Pot Roast Paprikash
2 1/2 pound beef rump roast
teaspoon smoked paprika
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
14 1/2 ounce can beef broth
medium onions, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
large carrots, coarsely chopped
12 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
8 ounce carton sour cream
Ground black pepper
ounces dried medium noodles
cup snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into four pieces. Place meat in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine paprika and smoked paprika. Sprinkle paprika mixture over beef. Top with tomatoes, broth, onions, carrots, and sweet peppers.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Using tongs, transfer meat to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull meat apart into coarse shreds. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir meat back into cooker. Set cooker on high-heat setting. In a small bowl whisk together the water and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter. Serve meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts(Pot Roast Paprikash)
- Per serving:
- 523 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 136 mg chol.,
- 590 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet