Zucchini-Pepperoni Pizza Frittata
cups thinly sliced zucchini
eggs, slightly beaten
teaspoon freshly ground pepper
teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
teaspoons snipped fresh marjoram
teaspoons snipped fresh basil
tablespoons olive oil
1/4-inch-thick tomato slices
1/8-inch-thick pepperoni slices
ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- Cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes; drain.
- Combine eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in oregano, thyme, marjoram, basil, and zucchini; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in an 8-inch broilerproof skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer zucchini mixture to hot skillet. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until egg mixture is mostly set (surface will be moist). Do not stir.
- Layer on tomato, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. Place skillet under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is set, cheese has melted, and pepperoni is sizzling. Cut into eight wedges. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with citrus greens salad and coffee or tea.
Nutrition Facts(Zucchini-Pepperoni Pizza Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 286 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 245 mg chol.,
- 341 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet