Thai Fried Rice
- Trim fat from pork or beef. Partially freeze pork or beef (about 20 to 30 minutes). Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium heat. Add the eggs. Lift and tilt the wok to form a thin sheet of egg. Cook, without stirring, about 2 minutes or just until set. Slide the egg sheet onto a cutting board. Cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into the wok or skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper; stir-fry for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove the vegetables from the wok. Add the pork or beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir in the chili paste. Add the rice and the fish sauce; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Arrange the egg strips over the rice mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately. Makes 4 main-dish or 8 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Fried Rice)
- Per serving:
- 465 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 164 mg chol.,
- 758 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet