- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Marinate: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill: 10 mins
Tacos al Pastor
medium peeled and cored fresh pineapple
cup orange juice
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground cloves
pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
6 inches corn tortillas
cup chopped onion (1 large)
Snipped fresh cilantro
Bottled hot pepper sauce
- Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices, reserving juice; cover and refrigerate pineapple and reserved juice separately.
- Remove stems and seeds from chile peppers. Place peppers in a medium bowl and add enough boiling water to cover. Allow peppers to stand about 30 minutes or until soft; drain, discarding water.
- In a food processor or blender combine chile peppers, any juice from the pineapple, the orange juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, and cloves. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth.
- In a 3-quart baking dish arrange pork slices in a single layer, overlapping slices as necessary. Pour chile pepper mixture over pork slices, spreading evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil.
- For a charcoal grill, place tortilla packet on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Place pork slices and pineapple slices on the grill rack alongside the foil packet directly over medium coals. Grill pork and pineapple slices for 6 to 7 minutes or until pork slices are slightly pink in the center and juices run clear (160 degrees F), turning once. Grill tortilla packet for 10 minutes, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Grill tortilla packet, pork slices, and pineapple as directed above.)
- Coarsely chop pork and pineapple and combine in a large bowl. Fill warm tortillas with pork and pineapple mixture. Sprinkle each taco with chopped onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and, if desired, hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Tacos al Pastor)
- Per serving:
- 362 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 76 mg chol.,
- 233 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChristmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Marinades and Rubs, Mexican Recipes, Pork Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes