Sweet Cherry Ham
7 pound cooked spiral-sliced ham
cup packed brown sugar
cup light-color corn syrup
tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
Cherry Sauce (see recipe below)
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan according to package directions; discard packet of glaze. Cover ham with foil. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for Pineapple Glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Remove ham from oven; remove foil. Brush ham generously with pineapple glaze. Continue baking, uncovered, about 30 minutes more or until ham is well glazed and an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cherry Sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Transfer the ham to a serving platter. Serve ham with sauce. Makes 15 servings.
16 ounces cans pitted tart red cherries (water pack)
Several drops almond extract
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the reserved cherry liquid, the cherries, and almond extract. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Makes about 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet Cherry Ham)
- Per serving:
- 473 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 125 mg chol.,
- 3186 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 48 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet