- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 7 - 8 pound cooked spiral-sliced ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light-color corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- Cherry Sauce (see recipe below)
1. Place ham in a shallow roasting pan according to package directions; discard packet of glaze. Cover ham with foil. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, for Pineapple Glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
3. Remove ham from oven; remove foil. Brush ham generously with pineapple glaze. Continue baking, uncovered, about 30 minutes more or until ham is well glazed and an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Cherry Sauce. Cover and keep warm.
5. Transfer the ham to a serving platter. Serve ham with sauce. Makes 15 servings.
Yield: about 4 cups
- 2 16 ounces cans pitted tart red cherries (water pack)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Several drops almond extract
1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the reserved cherry liquid, the cherries, and almond extract. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Makes about 4 cups.
- Servings Per Recipe 15,
- cal. (kcal) 473,
- Fat, total (g) 19,
- chol. (mg) 125,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 25,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 48,
- vit. A (IU) 437,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 3186,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet