Sugared Bacon-Wrapped Smokies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each sausage link with a bacon piece, overlapping the bacon piece at the end. Press the end of the bacon piece to seal or secure it with a wooden toothpick.
- Place brown sugar in a large plastic storage bag. Add several bacon-wrapped sausages to bag and seal. Shake bag gently to coat sausages with brown sugar; place sausages in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining bacon-wrapped sausages and brown sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the bacon is browned. Serve immediately. Makes about 45 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through step 3. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To serve, uncover and bake as directed in step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Sugared Bacon-Wrapped Smokies)
- Per serving:
- 102 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 210 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
vzblandome2514233 46 Days Ago
Lately, when I try to print your recipes, most of the recipe copy shows up in pale, pale grey ink. I can't read it without difficulty. I tried using my own printing parameters, but with the same result. This is a recent problem, and I'm hoping it won't persist. I would be sorry to leave this site which has so many good suggestions and recipes.
Janie Sink 704 Days Ago
It is absolutely one of the easiest and best appetizers I have ever made and eaten.