Spicy Pulled Pork
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Place onions in the slow cooker. Top with meat. In a medium bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and Dr. Pepper beverage. Pour sauce mixture over meat.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat. Return meat to cooker to combine with sauce and onions and keep warm.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide meat mixture among half of the baguette slices. Top with remaining slices and secure with wooden picks. If desired, serve sandwiches with sliced pickles.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Pulled Pork)
- Per serving:
- 393 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 1422 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet