Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and Spinach
- In 12-inch skillet cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add sweet peppers and onion to sausage in skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper added to water, according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water (*Using Pasta Water, see below). Drain pasta; return to pan.
- Toss sausage mixture and salt with spaghetti in pan. Stir in chicken broth and enough reserved pasta water to thin, Add spinach; toss just until combined and spinach is slightly wilted. Sprinkle servings with Asiago cheese and additional crushed red pepper. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Using Pasta Water Use pasta cooking water to flavor and thin sauces. To reserve, just before draining pasta, ladle out the amount of pasta water needed into a glass measuring cup or bowl.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and Spinach)
- Per serving:
- 466 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 745 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet