Smoked Pork Chops with Onion-Blackberry Relish
- In a small saucepan combine onions, the water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes; drain. Cool slightly.
- For relish, in a serving bowl whisk together vinegar, chipotle pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in onions and blackberries. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill about 5 minutes or until heated through, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, stir the snipped parsley and the green onions into relish. Serve chops with relish. If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Pork Chops with Onion-Blackberry Relish)
- Per serving:
- 198 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 1752 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet