Seeded Cheddar Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a very large cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, dry mustard, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir in cheese and seeds.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir to form a crumbly dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until dough clings together. Divide dough into thirds. Shape into three 10-inch-long loaves. Place loaves on the prepared cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until crisp and dry (do not overbake). Transfer slices to wire racks and let cool.
Nutrition Facts (Seeded Cheddar Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 39 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 109 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet