Saucy Country Ribs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Trim fat from ribs. Place 1 cup of water in each of two large roasting pans*. Place ribs in a single layer, meaty side up. Generously sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cover with foil.
- Bake ribs 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender. Carefully remove foil.
- For a charcoal grill, place ribs, in batches, on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill 10 to 15 minutes, brushing with sauces as directed in sauce recipe. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place ribs on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve or transfer to a slow cooker set on low to keep warm. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*If you don't have two large roasting pans, use two extra-large disposable roasting pans (placed on baking sheets for support), or a roasting pan and two 13x9x2-inch pans.
The ribs can be baked up to 2 days ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Let the ribs stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling. On the day of the BBQ, grill ribs as directed and place in three 4-to 6-quart slow cookers (one for each sauce; borrow an extra slow cooker, if needed.) Cover and keep warm on low-heat setting up to 2 hours. The sauces can be made up to 2 days ahead, except for Rosemary and Citrus sauce, which can be made up to 1 day ahead.
Nutrition Facts(Saucy Country Ribs)
- Per serving:
- 351 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 187 mg chol.,
- 330 mg sodium,
- 0 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 53 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet