- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 20 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly grease foil. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg white, onion, dried apricots, salt, garlic, and chili powder. Add ground pork and ground turkey; mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 24 meatballs. Place meatballs in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are done (160 degrees F). Drain meatballs on paper towels, if necessary.
- Place meatballs in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add Spiced Apricot Sauce; toss gently to coat. Turn cooker to warm setting or low-heat setting; keep meatballs warm for up to 2 hours. Makes 12 servings.
Prepare meatballs as directed through Step 2; cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Prepare sauce as directed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To serve, place meatballs in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add sauce; toss gently to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until heated through. Turn to warm setting or leave on low-heat setting; keep warm for up to 2 hours.
38 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 78 mg sodium, 3 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 3 g protein.
- In a small saucepan combine apricot nectar, cornstarch, ancho chili powder, salt, and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Makes about 1/2 cup.