Red Beans and Rice with Andouille and Ham
- Rinse beans. In a large saucepan combine beans and 6 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker combine beans, pork hock, andouille, broth, onion, celery, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Remove pork hock. When cool enough to handle, cut meat off bone; cut meat into bite-size pieces. Discard bone. Stir meat, rice, and sweet pepper into bean mixture in slow cooker. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Cover; cook for 30 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Red Beans and Rice with Andouille and Ham)
- Per serving:
- 300 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 64 mg chol.,
- 882 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet