- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces dried campanelle or cellantani pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 24 - 28 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 8 ounce package shredded Italian blend cheeses (2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large skillet cook sausage, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until sausage is no longer pink; drain fat. Transfer sausage mixture to a very large bowl. Stir in marinara sauce, fennel seed, and cooked pasta.
3. Transfer the pasta mixture to a 3-quart rectangular baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, and 1 cup of the Italian blend cheeses. Spoon the ricotta cheese over the pasta mixture in large dollops. Sprinkle the remaining shredded Italian blend cheeses over the top. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Spoon mixture into 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 to 24 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until heated through. Let stand as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 636,
- Fat, total (g) 35,
- chol. (mg) 112,
- sat. fat (g) 17,
- carb. (g) 47,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 34,
- sodium (mg) 1133,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet