Pork Tenderloins with Fruit Chutney
tablespoon dry mustard
tablespoon ground red pepper
3/4 pounds pork tenderloins
cups cider vinegar
cups dried cranberries
cups golden raisins
cups chopped dried pineapple
cups chopped dried papaya
cups dried apricots cut into thin strips
3 inch sticks cinnamon
Halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, the mustard, and ground red pepper. Rub salt mixture all over meat. Arrange pork in two large shallow roasting pans. Cover and chill overnight.
- For chutney, in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, stir together the 3 cups sugar, the vinegar, and water. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in the dried fruit and cinnamon sticks. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, until fruit is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 40 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to cool slightly. Serve or cover and chill overnight. (Mixture may be held up to 1 week in the refrigerator.)
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place meat on the grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 40 to 50 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the pork registers 160 degree F. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place meat on grill rack and grill as above.) Or, arrange pork on racks in large roasting pans, leaving 2 inches between each tenderloin. Roast, uncovered, in a 425 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in pork registers 160 degree F.
- Reheat chutney in saucepan over medium-low heat. Slice pork and serve with chutney. If desired, top chutney with halved cherry tomatoes. Makes 50 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Wrap grilled, cooled tenderloins unsliced, in foil. Refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Place foil-wrapped tenderloins in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Tenderloins with Fruit Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 240 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 61 mg chol.,
- 462 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet