- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork country-style ribs
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green, yellow, and/or red sweet pepper (1 large)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, undrained
- 1 14 ounce can beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 ounce tube refrigerated cooked polenta
- 2 cups torn fresh baby spinach (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-1/2- to 2-inch pieces. In a 3- 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, and sweet pepper. Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, red wine, tapioca, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
3. Meanwhile, prepare polenta according to package directions.
4. Just before serving, if desired, stir spinach into stew. Serve stew with polenta. If desired, sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 450,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 116,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 32,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 7,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 11,
- pro. (g) 39,
- sodium (mg) 1342,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet