Pork Stew with Polenta
pounds boneless pork country-style ribs
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup coarsely chopped green, yellow, and/or red sweet pepper (1 large)
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, undrained
14 ounce can beef broth
cup dry red wine
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
cloves garlic, minced
16 ounce tube refrigerated cooked polenta
cups torn fresh baby spinach (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-1/2- to 2-inch pieces. In a 3- 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, and sweet pepper. Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, red wine, tapioca, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare polenta according to package directions.
- Just before serving, if desired, stir spinach into stew. Serve stew with polenta. If desired, sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Stew with Polenta)
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 116 mg chol.,
- 1342 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet