Pork & Potato Stack
A creamy walnut-garlic vinaigrette is drizzled over layers of pork tenderloin and vegetables and then refrigerated for this summertime salad recipe.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Roast: 35 mins 425°F
- Chill: 2 hrs to 24 hrs
Pork & Potato Stack
pound pork tenderloin
pound Yukon gold potatoes
cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
recipe Creamy Walnut-Garlic Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
cup sliced green onions (about 4)
Shaved carrot (optional)
Fresh tarragon and thyme (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pork on rack in roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast 35 minutes or until pork reaches 155 degrees F on meat thermometer. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Cut pork in bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, using the 1/4-inch slicing blade of food processor, slice potatoes (or slice with knife). In large saucepan cook potatoes and soybeans in lightly salted boiling water, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Cut zucchini in 1-1/2- to 2-inch lengths. Slice lengthwise in food processor (or slice with knife); set aside. Make Creamy Walnut-Garlic Vinaigrette in food processor.
- In a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, layer half the potato-soybean mixture. Drizzle 1/3 cup vinaigrette. Evenly layer zucchini; drizzle 1/3 cup vinaigrette. Evenly arrange pork and remaining potato-soy bean mixture; drizzle 1/3 cup vinaigrette. In small bowl combine corn, green onions, and remaining vinaigrette; spoon on salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 24 hours for flavors to meld. Top with carrots. Sprinkle tarragon and thyme. Makes 6 servings.
Creamy Walnut-Garlic Vinaigrette
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup white wine vinegar
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or thyme (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
teaspoon black pepper
cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
cup olive oil
cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- In food processor combine egg product, vinegar, mustard, salt, tarragon, pepper, and garlic. With food processor running, gradually add olive oil. Process until thickened. Stir in walnuts.
Nutrition Facts (Pork & Potato Stack)
- 355 kcal cal.;
- 19 g Fat, total;
- 49 mg chol.;
- 3 g sat. fat;
- 24 g carb.;
- 10 g Monosaturated fat;
- 5 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 4 g fiber;
- 3 g sugar;
- 23 g pro.;
- 26 mg vit. C;
- 50 mg calcium;
- 941 mg Potassium;
- 3 mg iron;
- 340 IU vit. A;
- 1 mg Thiamin;
- 7 mg Niacin;
- 1 mg Riboflavin;
- 113 µg Folate;
- 1 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6);
- 576 mg sodium;
- 1 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12)
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet