- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs to 2 hrs 30 mins (high)
15 ounce can yellow hominy, drained
14 1/2 ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
10 ounce can mild green enchilada sauce
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons ground cumin
pounds boneless pork loin (single loin)
cup snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoon lime juice
Baked tortilla chips
Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine hominy, undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, and cumin. Add meat; spoon hominy mixture over meat. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Stir the 1/2 cup snipped cilantro and lime juice into mixture in slow cooker. Coarsely chop meat; return to cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with avocado. Pass tortilla chips. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro, sour cream, and/or lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Posole)
- Per serving:
- 383 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 71 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChristmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Pork Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes