- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 2 hrs (HIGH) or 4 hours (LOW)
Pork Loin with Butternut Squash
small butternut squash
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
teaspoon onion or garlic powder
pounds boneless pork loin roast
tablespoon olive oil
18.8 ounce can caramelized French onion soup
cup chunky-style applesauce
- Halve and peel squash, discard seeds, then cut squash in large chunks. Place squash in a 3- or 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, and onion or garlic powder; rub seasoning on all sides of pork. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown pork on all sides in the hot oil. Place pork on squash in cooker. Pour soup and applesauce over all. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker to cutting board to slice. Serve pork roast and squash drizzled with cooking sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Loin with Butternut Squash)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 732 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet