Pork Loin with Apples and Pears
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line shallow roasting pan with heavy foil; lightly oil foil. Place meat rack in pan; set aside.
- In bowl combine pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Brush pork with 1 tablespoon olive oil; rub with pepper mixture. Place pork on rack in roasting pan. Roast 35 minutes.
- For glaze, in skillet combine molasses, vinegar, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Remove to bowl. Set glaze and skillet aside.
- Brush pork with some glaze (reserve 2 tablespoons glaze for fruit). Continue roasting 20 minutes, brushing with more glaze, halfway through.
- Roast pork 10 minutes more or until thermometer inserted in center registers 150 degrees F. Remove from oven; cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in skillet used for glaze heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss fruit with sugar. Add fruit to skillet; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes more or until crisp-tender. Add reserved glaze; heat through. Serve pork with fruit and drizzle with pan juices. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Loin with Apples and Pears)
- Per serving:
- 361 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 107 mg chol.,
- 444 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet