Pork Cutlets with Brussels Sprouts
1/2 inch thick boneless pork chops
teaspoons paprika or smoked paprika
pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
8 ounce carton light sour cream
tablespoons milk or half-and-half
teaspoon packed brown sugar
- Using meat mallet or heavy rolling pin pound pork, layered between plastic wrap, to 1/4-inch thickness. In shallow dish combine flour, half the paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat pork in flour mixture; set aside.
- In large skillet cook sprouts in hot butter over medium-high 5 to 8 minutes, until crisp-tender and edges are brown. Remove from skillet. Cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet add additional butter, if needed. Cook pork 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden outside and slightly pink in center. Remove from skillet. Cover; keep warm.
- For sauce, combine sour cream, milk, and brown sugar. Whisk into skillet. Heat through (do not boil). Serve sauce, sprinkled with remaining paprika, over pork and sprouts. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Cutlets with Brussels Sprouts)
- Per serving:
- 395 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 480 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet