Pork Chops with Lime Salsa
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine onion, lime juice, serrano peppers, sesame oil, and cumin seed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for salsa. Pour the remaining marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the 2 tablespoons marinade, the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, and honey. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain chops, reserving marinade. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Add the jalapeno jelly to marinade; cook and stir until mixture boils. Set aside.
- Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 11 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of grilling. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of broiling.) Serve the chops with salsa.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Chops with Lime Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 51 mg chol.,
- 46 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet