- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 boneless pork top loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 fresh serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
1. Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine onion, lime juice, serrano peppers, sesame oil, and cumin seed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for salsa. Pour the remaining marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the 2 tablespoons marinade, the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, and honey. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Drain chops, reserving marinade. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Add the jalapeno jelly to marinade; cook and stir until mixture boils. Set aside.
4. Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 11 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of grilling. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of broiling.) Serve the chops with salsa.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 211,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 51,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 14,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 17,
- vit. C (mg) 16,
- sodium (mg) 46,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- Vegetables () 1,
- Lean Meat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet