Pork Chops with Lime Salsa
boneless pork top loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
cup lime juice
fresh serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
plum tomatoes, chopped
small cucumber, seeded and chopped
green onions, sliced
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine onion, lime juice, serrano peppers, sesame oil, and cumin seed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for salsa. Pour the remaining marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the 2 tablespoons marinade, the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, and honey. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain chops, reserving marinade. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Add the jalapeno jelly to marinade; cook and stir until mixture boils. Set aside.
- Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 11 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of grilling. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once and brushing occasionally with jelly mixture the last 5 minutes of broiling.) Serve the chops with salsa.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Chops with Lime Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 51 mg chol.,
- 46 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet