Pork Chops with Fennel Salad
1/2-inch thick pork loin chops
Ground black pepper
tablespoons olive oil
ounces young green beans, trimmed
teaspoon ground black pepper
red pear or apple, cored and thinly sliced
of a fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add chops; cook for 6 minutes. Turn chops and squeeze juice from half of one orange over chops. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes more or until just pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet place green beans, adding enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- For fennel salad, juice remaining orange half in bowl. Stir in honey, remaining olive oil, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Peel and slice remaining orange. Add orange, pear, and fennel to the orange juice-honey mixture.
- Place chops on serving plates with beans; spoon any pan juices over beans. Add fennel salad and top with fennel fronds.
Nutrition Facts(Pork Chops with Fennel Salad)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 68 mg chol.,
- 214 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet