- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 27 mins
Pork Chops with Fennel Salad
1/2-inch thick pork loin chops
Ground black pepper
tablespoons olive oil
ounces young green beans, trimmed
teaspoon ground black pepper
red pear or apple, cored and thinly sliced
of a fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add chops; cook for 6 minutes. Turn chops and squeeze juice from half of one orange over chops. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes more or until just pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet place green beans, adding enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- For fennel salad, juice remaining orange half in bowl. Stir in honey, remaining olive oil, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Peel and slice remaining orange. Add orange, pear, and fennel to the orange juice-honey mixture.
- Place chops on serving plates with beans; spoon any pan juices over beans. Add fennel salad and top with fennel fronds.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Chops with Fennel Salad)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 68 mg chol.,
- 214 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDinner Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pork Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Salad Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetable Salad Recipes