Pork Chops, Apples & Greens
- Place each chop between waxed paper or plastic wrap. With the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound pork to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a food processor process bread to crumbs; place in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish lightly beat the egg with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Dip pork into egg and then bread crumbs to coat.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden on the outside and an instant-read thermometer inserted in pork registers 145 degrees F. Transfer chops to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Stir honey, mustard, and vinegar into skillet drippings. Add apple slices; cook about 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add spinach; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Toss until just wilted.
- Serve chops with apples and spinach. Drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Chops, Apples & Greens)
- Per serving:
- 446 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 150 mg chol.,
- 700 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Virginia Small 1322 Days Ago
Made this tonight. I'd make it again, but I would double the spinach and halve the apples. I also ended up nuking the apples and sauce to soften the apples. There's something off about the sauce to me, but I can't put my tongue on it. I would change something, but others would likely find it just fine!