Pork and Mango Salad
tablespoons mango chutney
tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard or brown mustard
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
ounces pork tenderloin
Nonstick spray coating
cups torn mixed salad greens
8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
medium mango, peeled, seeded, and sliced; or 2 medium nectarines, sliced
tablespoons snipped chives
- For vinaigrette, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine chutney, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. In a small bowl combine olive oil and water. With blender or food processor running, add oil mixture in a thin steady stream to chutney mixture; blend or process for 15 seconds more.
- Trim any fat from the pork; cut into 1/4-inch slices. Spray a large skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat the skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in hot skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, turning once. Remove pork from skillet; keep warm.
- In a large bowl toss together the salad greens and water chestnuts. Pour about half of the vinaigrette over the greens mixture. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide greens mixture among 4 salad plates. Arrange some of the mango or nectarine slices and pork on the greens mixture. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with the chives. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pork and Mango Salad)
- Per serving:
- 192 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 40 mg chol.,
- 137 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet