- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 15 ounce package (2 crusts) folded refrigerated unbaked piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage or pork sausage
- 1/2 3 1/2 ounce package sliced pepperoni
- 1 4 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup Hot and Spicy Pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon milk or water
1. Let piecrusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle pie plate with cornmeal. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage until brown; add pepperoni and heat through. Drain fat. Pat dry with paper towels to remove additional fat. Stir in mushrooms.
3. Unfold pie crusts. Transfer one of the crusts to prepared pie plate. Sprinkle one-third of the shredded cheese over bottom crust. Pour half of the Hot and Spicy Pizza Sauce over cheese. Top with the sausage-pepperoni mixture, another one-third of the shredded cheese, and the remaining Hot and Spicy Pizza Sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
4. Cut several slits in remaining crust. Place top crust on filling. Trim and flute edge. Brush with milk or water.
5. Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 588,
- Fat, total (g) 48,
- chol. (mg) 70,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 41,
- pro. (g) 20,
- sodium (mg) 1177,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet