The best flavors of pizza are all wrapped up in this grilled pork burger recipe.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 14 mins
egg, lightly beaten
cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
pound lean ground pork
1/2-inch-thick slices French bread
8 ounce can pizza sauce
cup sliced pitted ripe olives
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 ounce)
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, and salt. Add ground pork; mix well. Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. Toast bread slices on the grill. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties, then bread slices on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- For sauce: In a small saucepan, combine pizza sauce and olives; heat through.
- Serve burgers between bread slices with sauce and cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 546 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 133 mg chol.,
- 1133 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 37 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet