- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground tri-colored peppercorns or black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese with chives, cut up
- Snipped fresh chives (optional)
1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with pepper, rubbing it lightly into the pork. In a 10-inch skillet cook pork in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chop registers 155 degrees F, turning halfway through cooking. Remove pork and keep warm.
2. For sauce, carefully add the water to the hot skillet. Add sherry or broth to skillet and heat until bubbly. Add the cream cheese. Using a wire whisk, heat and whisk over medium heat until the cream cheese is melted. Transfer warm pork to 4 dinner plates. Spoon sauce atop pork. If desired, sprinkle with snipped chives.
3. Makes 4 servings.
- Steam or microwave quartered new potatoes and green beans, then drizzle with lemon juice. Serve glasses of apple cider with dinner.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 291,
- Fat, total (g) 20,
- chol. (mg) 92,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 23,
- vit. A (RE) 93,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 117,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet