- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and/or sweet peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
- Fresh oregano (optional)
1. Sprinkle both sides of chops with the seasoned pepper blend. In a large skillet, cook chops in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops. Cook for 3 to 7 minutes more or until slightly pink in the center and juices run clear. (160 degrees F). Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
2. Add vegetables, broth, and rice to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender and vegetables are crisp-tender. Return pork chops to skillet; cover and heat through. Garnish with roasted red pepper strips. Makes 4 servings.