This favorite holiday meat is extra-flavorful baked with an apricot and mustard glaze and sprinkling of peppercorns.
- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces ham and 1 tablespoon sauce
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 1 hr 20 mins 325°F
- Stand: 15 mins
6 pound cooked, bone-in spiral-sliced ham
12 ounce jar apricot preserves
cup Dijon-style mustard
tablespoons whole pink or mixed peppercorns
cup snipped dried apricots
Dried Apricots (optional)
Boston lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Tent with foil; crimp foil to pan edges. Roast 1 to 1-3/4 hours, until internal temperature is 130 degrees F.
- Remove foil from ham. In medium bowl stir together preserves and mustard; set aside 3/4 cup. Brush remaining on top and sides of ham. Sprinkle with peppercorns. Cover cut side of ham with foil to prevent drying. Roast 20 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 140 degrees F. Remove from oven; remove foil. Let stand at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in small saucepan combine reserved apricot mixture and snipped apricots, if using; heat through. Slice ham; serve warm or at room temperature with sauce. Garnish with apricots and lettuce. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Peppercorn-Crusted Ham)
- Per serving:
- 249 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 85 mg chol.,
- 1862 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet