Pecan-Parmesan Pork with Port Sauce
cup pecan pieces
tablespoons yellow mustard
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
1 pounds pork tenderloins
cups port or dry Marsala
cup snipped dried Calmyrna or Mission figs (5-1/2 to 6 ounces)
tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a blender or food processor, combine pecans, cheese, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and blend or process until finely chopped. Press mixture on all sides of tenderloins to coat with a thin layer.
- Place pork, side-by-side, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in meat registers 155 degrees F. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes. The temperature of the meat should rise 5 degrees F after standing.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan, stir together port, figs, and brown sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2- 1/4 cups. Cool slightly.
- Transfer half of the sauce mixture at a time to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Pour mixture through a sieve over a bowl, pressing solids to release juices. Discard solids. Return sauce to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat just until heated through. Slice tenderloin and serve with warm sauce. If desired, garnish with kumquats. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pecan-Parmesan Pork with Port Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 428 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 253 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet