Oven Barbecued Ribs with Asian Slaw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, garlic powder, ground black pepper, Chinese five-spice powder, ginger, and salt.
- Brush meaty sides of ribs with mustard. Sprinkle generously with spice mixture. Place ribs, bone sides down, in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Carefully drain off fat.
- In a small bowl stir together hoisin sauce, molasses, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Spoon mixture evenly over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 60 minutes more or until ribs are tender. Serve with Asian Slaw. Makes 6 servings.
- In a large bowl combine bok choy and carrot. Drizzle with a mixture of seasoned rice vinegar, cooking oil, and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Oven Barbecued Ribs with Asian Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 779 kcal cal.,
- 53 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 25 g monounsatured fat),
- 188 mg chol.,
- 953 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet