Orzo Stuffed Peppers with Feta and Mint
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Wipe Dutch oven dry; set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet cook sausage, onion, celery, and garlic until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Remove from heat; drain fat. Stir in cooked orzo, cheese, mint, and black pepper.
- Cut tops from peppers; remove seeds and ribs. Slightly trim bottoms of peppers to stand upright. Spoon orzo mixture into peppers and replace tops; set aside. In Dutch oven stir together carrot juice and salt. Stand peppers upright in Dutch oven. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Serve peppers on rimmed plates. Spoon over any remaining cooking juices. Sprinkle additional mint. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Orzo Stuffed Peppers with Feta and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 791 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet