Mole Pork and Green Olive Quesadillas
cup chopped onion (1 large)
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
cup chicken broth
tablespoons semisweet chocolate pieces
cups Pulled Pork Master Recipe (see recipe below)
8 inches flour tortillas
Nonstick cooking spray
cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook chopped onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in flour. Stir in chicken broth all at once. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in shredded pork and heat through.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortillas, sprayed sides down, on cutting board or waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over half of each tortilla. Top evenly with pork, green olives, and red onion slices. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, two at a time, in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Remove quesadillas from skillet; place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. To serve, cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Makes 6 servings.
Pulled Pork Master Recipe
3 pound boneless pork shoulder
cloves garlic, minced
12 ounce bottle chili sauce
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoons cider vinegar
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
tablespoon chili powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim fat from pork shoulder. If necessary, cut pork to fit a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place pork, onion, and garlic in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over pork in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Remove pork from cooker, reserving juices. Using two forks, shred pork; discarding any fat. Skim fat from juices. Add enough juices to the pork to moisten. Place 2-cup portions of pork in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts(Mole Pork and Green Olive Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 861 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet