Jalapeno-Honey Pork Tenderloin
This low-calorie grilled pork roast is marinated in a spicy sesame oil and soy sauce mixture.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Marinate: 12 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill: 40 mins
- Trim fat from pork. Place pork in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, the chopped jalapeno peppers, the ginger, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over pork. Seal bag; turn to coat pork. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. In a grill with a cover, arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above pan. Place pork on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill for 40 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear (160 degree F), brushing once with reserved marinade after 15 minutes of grilling. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Remove and cover pork with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with hot cooked rice and garnish with cilantro sprigs and whole chile peppers. Makes 6 servings.
Prepare as directed in step 1. Drain pork, reserving marinade. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast in a 425 degree F oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear (160 degree F), brushing once with reserved marinade after 10 minutes of roasting. Discard any remaining marinade. Remove and cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- 205 kcal cal.;
- 5 g Fat, total;
- 67 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 16 g carb.;
- 0 g fiber;
- 23 g pro.;
- 330 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet